For those of you not familiar with ‘Network Know-how’, this is an extranet site developed by the CII to assist local institutes in the running of their councils. It’s available to all local institute council members.
You will find there comprehensive, yet practical, guidance on how to run your local institute site, so if you aren’t currently familiar with the site, I’d encourage you to log in at your earliest convenience.
You simply use your CII PIN and password to enter the site which can be accessed here – www.cii.co.uk/knowhow.
Highlights of Network Know-how include:
- Know-how tab – this section contains information on the running of your local institute – everything from creating a CPD programme to your annual insurance cover as well as job descriptions for each council role
- Tools tab – this section provides access to your website and e-flyer system as well as individual local institute branded stationery templates
- Forms tab – this sections allows the institute secretary and treasurer to submit your institutes annual returns
- Data tab – your monthly membership data is hosted here – access is password protected and is accessible by your membership secretary
- Files tab – this is a central repository – all council documentation such as meeting minutes and agendas can be uploaded and then accessed here – it also hosts your institutes annual development plan.
The site is managed by the area marketing team so if there is anything you would like to see added to further aid you in the running of your institute, please contact your AMM. It may also be useful to arrange an overview or refresher session with your AMM to ensure your council is fully aware of the benefits the site can bring to your council.