I am delighted to announce that we have upgraded the prior learning application process from paper-based to on-line. Candidates will need to log-in to our website to make their applications. This will improve the customer experience in the following ways:
- Faster processing times
- Updates emailed to candidates’ registered email accounts
- Application status tracking via “My CII”
There is no change to the documentation required. Candidates are required to provide their graduation certificate and results transcript, and both must be certified as true copies of the original by a current CII or Personal Finance Society member, solicitor or public notary.
- The application form is shorter because it uses candidates’ details already saved in their MyCII account and qualification details from the CII Exemptions Database. Candidates will scan and upload their certified supporting documentation instead of posting in an envelope.
- Whereas our paper-based applications required paper versions of the supporting documents, we now accept scanned versions of the certified copies of documents. The certified copies must still have a handwritten certifier’s signature, printed name and CII PIN number. In order to accommodate the new format, we have modified our ‘behind the scenes’ approach to checking authenticity.
- To encourage candidates to claim their credits promptly, we are reducing the payment timeframe from the current 6 months to 30 days. For a transitional period, we will continue to allow up to 6 months.
There is no other change to the payment process, for example:
- Candidates and/or their employers may continue to make card payments via the CII contact centre or via BACS
- Payment via corporate accounts is unchanged.
Employers who collate applications from their employees may continue to liaise with their employees and make payments on their behalf.
We have removed the paper-based application form from our website. For a transitional period of 6 months, we will continue to accept paper applications from candidates who are unaware of the on-line application form.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com. We have updated our FAQs (accessible via the above link) and will continue to update them as additional queries arise from candidates, employers, local institutes, Personal Finance Society regions, affiliated institutes and other stakeholders.
We plan to process recent paper-based applications for prior learning within our 15-working day timeframe. Candidates with applications in progress need not re-apply.