We are looking for two Local Institute Council members to serve as CII Vice Presidents – one as Vice President for Local Institutes, and one as Vice President for the Local Institute Operations Group.
The Vice Presidents support the work of the CII and its Member Engagement team, in particular, in developing and implementing best practice across the Local Institute network for the benefit of CII members. The Vice President works to raise the profile and act as ambassador for the Local Institute network within the CII, including the wider insurance and financial planning professions.
We are appointing to two roles, with the following specific responsibilities which are detailed in the respective job descriptions:
- Vice President for Local Institutes: Chairs the Local Institute National Forum which acts as a mechanism for the CII to consult the Local Institute network and feeds back Local Institute issues and concerns to the CII.
- Vice President for Local Institute Operations Group: Chairs the Local Institute Operations Group which oversees the process for the allocation of Local Institute grant funding, and reviews and provides guidance on Local Institute projects and initiatives.
These are voluntary, non-executive positions, with appointments made for an initial one-year term, and renewable annually up to a maximum term of three years. All Local Institute Council members who are Qualified Members of the CII are eligible to apply.
How to find out more and apply:
Further information on these roles and the skills and experience we are seeking, are detailed in the job descriptions.
If you would like to apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter providing the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Which role you are interested in (or both)
- Your CII PIN and details of your qualifications
- Information about your current Local Institute Council role and other Local Institute roles held, including dates
- A statement about why you are interested in serving as a Vice President (no more than 200 words)
- A short statement of the skills and experience you would bring to the role (no more than 200 words)
The closing date for applications is 17 March 2020, at 12.00pm GMT.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th March at the CII’s office in London.
We welcome applications from our diverse membership and, in particular, from under-represented groups.
On applying for the role, we would also like to invite you to complete our equality monitoring survey here. This survey is anonymous, used for monitoring purposes only and will have no impact on your application for this role.