Following the government’s announcement to stop non-essential contact and unnecessary travel back in March 2020, the Chartered Insurance Institute cancelled all face to face events, advising local institutes to follow suit.
Local Institutes started to move their proposition online with over 80% of the network running at least one event as a webinar.
The RMM team sent a survey to all local institutes to ascertain how the team could support further – 54 out of the 56 institutes responded.
- 75% of institutes would like further support in developing online CPD
- Market updates, regulatory insights and technical CPD would need to be covered
- Institute collaboration is a must to create consistency
- Added value delivered centrally would be appreciated
- Request for a single delivery platform that institutes could utilise
The team are currently working on developing two potential initiatives to further support stand-alone online CPD delivered by each of the institutes. These have both been discussed with the Local Institute National Forum for initial feedback.