As a local institute council member, we want to give you advance notice of a communication which all members will shortly receive. This will ensure you are fully informed should any members of your local institute ask you about it.
The Chartered Insurance Institute is transitioning to a new customer and member relationship management system early next year as part of our commitment to improving the way we deliver value for our members.
Initially there will be minimal changes in the way members engage with us through their dashboards (e.g. MyCII, MyPFS) but in the longer term the transition will enable us to offer more streamlined, tailored communications and relevant CPD programmes and events to help members achieve their personal career goals.
How could this affect your members locally?
The transition will take a maximum of two weeks and currently we anticipate it will take place next year, from 25th January 2023 until 5th February 2023 inclusive. During this period, members may experience some intermittent service disruptions when accessing MyCII/MyPFS that will affect:
- Applying for or renewing Statements of Professional Standing (SPS)
- Purchasing products including membership renewals
- Accessing membership services including your membership card
- Accessing FutureMe, connect (mentoring platform) and Perks
- Booking, cancelling PFS Events and accessing CPD certificates
- Booking, changing, or cancelling any exam, this includes both MCQ and written exams
- Accessing your exam results, coursework marks, learning statements and certificates
- Submit coursework assignments
- Access to RevisionMate (learning materials)
- Purchasing learning products
During the transition period no Multiple-Choice Question (MCQ) exams either online or at a centre will take place. To avoid any confusion, the transition dates where exams will not take place have already been removed from the exam booking system.
What action do I need to take as a local institute?
There is no need to take any further action. We will proactively contact existing members whose Statements of Professional Standing are due for renewal around the affected period to consider renewing sooner, to avoid interruption in recognition.
Learners who are likely to be impacted during the transition will receive a further communication later this year advising them of the next steps. A dedicated maintenance webpage will also be kept up to date, visit: www.ciigroup.org/en/outage
However, if you get any queries locally then please contact your Regional Membership Manager (RMM) in the first instance.